The AoC FE Procurement Development team support the recommendations of the Pan-Government Energy Project which has developed best practice advice for energy procurement to maximise value for money and minimise risk.
The Project has published two guides: Energy buying – Working together for better results and Energy buying – The effective way to manage risk. The buying guides explain best ractice in energy procurement and offer guidance on how to make effective decisions in nergy procurement. They provide a route map of how public sector buyers can access aggregated, flexible and risk managed contracts through a range of Central Purchasing Bodies (CPBs). They also highlight the key services available through CPBs and the geographical areas they cover and sectors within which they operate.
- Energy Buying - Working Togther for Better Results (1117k)
- Energy Buying - The Effective Way to Manage Risk (2213k)
- OGC - Managing Energy Demand: a collaborative approach (363k)
- Energy Newsletter Spring 09 (1293k)
- Energy Newsletter Summer 09 (441k)
- Energy Newsletter Autumn 09 (903k)