Colleges have access to a range of EU tendered collaborative procurement agreements and we would request each department, through their key procurement member of staff, to register as a user to Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) which is now owned by the further education sector and is for education sector use .
By using the framework agreements your department will be able to:-
- Source new suppliers
- Carry out mini tenders/obtain quotations to obtain best price/specifications/service levels
- Ensure EU compliance and so reduce the college’s exposure to risk
- Assist the college in meeting government recommendations to channel spend through collaborative EU tendered agreements
Please note: when requesting pricing etc via a framework agreement, it is an EU requirement that all suppliers listed on the framework are invited to submit quotations.
To start using the CPC frameworks follow the steps below:
- Create an account on the CPC website by clicking ‘Create Account’ on top right hand side of the CPC homepage
- Search for appropriate framework and view suppliers
- Send clear specifications and quantifiable evaluation to all suppliers on the framework
- Receive bids, compare and evaluate in an open, quantifiable and transparent way (seek advice from procurement)
- Notify all tenderers of the outcome at the same time in writing
- Apply a voluntary 10 day standstill period To allow tenderers to raise potential concerns, before issuing a final award letter