How much is your college spending on waste services? £30k? £50k, £70k+?
Standard Rate of Land Fill Tax increased in April 2011 to £56 per tonne and will continue to do so as political and environmental pressure is directed at reducing landfill and increasing recycling.
The whole issue of waste management is by no means straight forward. Recent communications between Government Ministers, MPs, Local Authorities, etc. challenge and dispute those rules which do /do not apply.
These links below may help colleges concerned with waste management issues and costs.
- Waste Management Introduction
- West Midlands Frame Work Guidance - Feb 09
- Controlled Waste Regulations 2012
Example Case Studies
- Landfill Ban & Anaerobic Digestion Options in Yorkshire & Humber
- Waste Recycling Prgramme, department for culture, media & sport
- St Athans Waste Management & recycling programme, ministry of defence